Action Squared Acceptable Use Policy For Action Network
Last revised April 25, 2020
This Acceptable Use Policy ("Policy") applies to your organization's use of the Action Network Mobilization Toolset, including the Email Tool and the Mobile Messaging Tool, operated by Action Squared, Inc. ("Action Squared").
2. Changes to Policy
Action Squared may change this Policy by posting an updated version of the Policy at actionnetwork.org and such updates will be effective upon posting.
Any violation of this Policy by You, or your Users, will be considered a material breach of the master agreement and/or other agreement governing the customer's use of the Services.
4. Prohibited Material
You may not, and may not allow any third‐party, including its users, to use the Services to display, store, process or transmit, or permit use of the Services to display, store, process or transmit:
- Material that infringes or misappropriates a third party's intellectual property or proprietary rights;
- Hate‐related or violent material, and/or material advocating discrimination against individuals or groups;
- Obscene, excessively profane material or otherwise objectionable material;
- Material advocating or advancing criminal hacking, cracking, or phishing;
- Malicious material, including material that support or facilitates unlawful, hateful, discriminatory, or violent causes;
- Unlawful software;
- Malicious code, such as viruses, worms, time bombs, Trojan horses and other harmful or malicious files, scripts, agents or programs; or
- Material that violates, encourages or furthers conduct that would violate any applicable laws, including any criminal laws, or any third‐party rights, including publicity or privacy rights.
5. Prohibited Actions
You may not use the Services to, nor allow your users or any third‐party to use the Services to:
- Generate or facilitate unsolicited commercial email (spam). Such prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- Sending communications or email in violation of the CAN‐SPAM Act or any other applicable anti‐ spam law or regulation;
- Imitating or impersonating Action Squared, another person or his, her or its email address, or creating false accounts for the purpose of sending spam;
- Data mining or harvesting any web property to find email addresses or other Account information;
- Sending unauthorized mail via open, third‐party servers;
- Sending email to users who have requested to be removed from a mailing list;
- Selling to, exchanging with, sharing with or distributing to a third-party personal information, including the email addresses of any person, without such person's knowing and continued consent to such disclosure; or
- Sending unsolicited emails to significant numbers of email addresses belonging to individuals and/or entities with whom you have no preexisting relationship;
- Generate or facilitate SMS, MMS, or other text messages or push notifications in violation of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act ("TCPA"), the Do‐Not‐Call Implementation Act, or any other applicable law including anti‐spam, telemarketing or telephone consumer protection laws or regulations;
- Violate or facilitate violation of applicable data protection or privacy laws;
- Violate the Mobile Messaging Consent policy described in Section 6 below;
- Conduct or forward multi‐level marketing, such as pyramid schemes and the like;
- Violate any applicable industry standards, third party policies or requirements that Action Squared may communicate to its users, including all of the applicable guidelines published by the CTIA, the Mobile Marketing Association, the Self‐Regulatory Principles as directed by the Digital Advertising Alliance and the Network Advertising Initiative or any other generally accepted industry associations, carrier guidelines or other industry standards;
- Transmit any content or otherwise use the Services in a manner that is inconsistent with the Statement of Purpose contained in the Master Terms;
- Use the Services in any manner that would disparage Action Squared or its affiliates;
- Send, upload, distribute or disseminate, or offer to do the same with respect to, unlawful, defamatory, harassing, abusive, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, excessively profane, hateful, violent, or otherwise objectionable material, or promote, support or facilitate unlawful, hateful, discriminatory, or violent causes;
- Illegally transmit another's intellectual property or other proprietary information without such owner's or licensor's permission;
- Transmit material that may be harmful to minors;
- Promote, facilitate or encourage illegal activity;
- Violate the rights (such as rights of privacy or publicity) of others;
- Interfere with other users' enjoyment of the Services;
- Impersonate another person, entity or Action Squared (via the use of an email address or otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent themselves or the source of any email;
- Engage in activity in connection with illegal peer‐to‐peer file sharing;
- Engage in or promote gambling, or run a gambling operation;
- Intentionally distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other items of a destructive or deceptive nature;
- Use the Services in any way that is designed or used to commit or facilitate any "phishing" attack
- Introduce any keystroke logging or any other monitoring code into the Services;
- Operate an "open proxy" or any other form of Internet proxy service that is capable of forwarding requests to any end user or third party‐supplied Internet host;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a Services-related system or network or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a Services-related system or network, or to perform any security integrity review, penetration test, load test, denial of service simulation or vulnerability scan on any Services-related system or network;
- Take any action that imposes an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the Services;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or on the Services or reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the Services' administration display;
- Access a third party web property for the purposes of web scraping, web crawling, web monitoring, or other similar activity through a web client that does not take commercially reasonable efforts to identify itself via a unique User Agent string describing the purpose of the web client and obey the robots exclusion standard (also known as the robots.txt standard), including the crawl‐delay directive;
- Jeopardize the security of your Services account or anyone else's (such as allowing someone else to log on as you on the Services);
- Interfere with security-related features of the Service, including by removing, disabling, circumventing or otherwise creating or implementing any workaround to any copy protection, rights management or security features in or protecting the Service or the content;
- Modify, translate, adapt or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, of the Services or any content or source code;
- Use or develop any third-party applications that interact with the Services or others' content or information not in accordance with our Master Terms of Service without our prior written consent; or
- Decompile, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive or gain access to the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services not in accordance with our Master Terms without our prior written consent.
6. Mobile Messaging Consent Policy
You are responsible for ensuring that all phone numbers and other personal information provided to Action Squared have been collected in accordance with the TCPA, including ensuring that You have appropriate consent for the communications that You will make using the Mobile Messaging Tool.
You shall comply with all statutory and regulatory obligations and relevant codes of practice relating to use of the Mobile Messaging Tool, including but not limited to the following:
- all communications sent by You through the Mobile Messaging Tool (each, a "Message") shall be sent only to recipients (each, a "Message Recipient") who have given you their consent to receive such Messages or where you have another valid legal basis under applicable law to send the Message;
- You shall use Action Squared's unsubscribe/suppression system to comply with an opt-out request from Message Recipients who do not wish to receive Messages from or on behalf of You.
In the event that any short code, IP address, range of IP addresses or domain associated with the Mobile Messaging Tool, or the operation of the Mobile Messaging Tool, is blacklisted or a complaint is received by either You or Action Squared, in respect of use of the Mobile Messaging Tool, You shall provide Action Squared with all information it reasonably requires in respect of the collection of the Message Recipient's email address, telephone number and/or other data (including, for each Recipient concerned, the date and time and source of collection of the Message Recipient's email address and proof of what permissions were obtained from the Message Recipient as regards receipt of Messages from or on behalf of You) within twenty-four (24) hours of notification of such blacklisting or complaint. Action Squared reserves the right to suspend access to the Mobile Messaging Tool until You have provided such information.